Vision & Values
Developing Aspirational Lifelong Learners Who Will Help To Shape The Future
This is our vision. We believe in encouraging our children to develop their aspirations, to know they can be who they want to be and have dreams for the future. We have a broad curriculum to develop our children’s talents through physical, musical and creative activities while retaining a strong provision of the core subjects of reading, maths and writing. We want to encourage our children to develop enquiring minds and the skills to ensure they are lifelong learners and continue their learning in whatever path they choose. We support all of our children to build good social relationships, developing emotional skills and learning how to make good choices to prepare them to shape their futures.
British Values at Field End Infants
We understand that, although we are a multi-cultural community, made up of members of different faiths and ethnicities, we are all proud British citizens who have a duty to uphold the fundamental British values of democracy, rule of law, mutual respect and tolerance and individual liberty. We actively look for ways to teach children about these, through assemblies and through highlighting their relevance to our everyday school lives. Below are a few of the ways in which we help children to understand these.
- We are polite and respectful.
- We say please and thank you.
- We respect the equipment in school.
- We help our friends to tidy up.
- We listen to others and wait for our friends to finish speaking before we speak.
- We take turns and share; during conversations, when we are reading in a group, standing in a queue and during games with friends.
The Rule of Law
- We are involved in deciding our school rules.
- We know how the rules help make our school a happy and safe pace to be.
- We sing our 'School Rules' song and remember that the rules are 'in our hands-' it is up to us to be good role models, not for others to remind us.
- We promote community cohesion and democratic values by providing equal opportunities for all pupils to succeed.
- We analyse attainment and progress data for different groups of pupils and use this information to help us identify and remove barriers to access, participation and learning.
- We talk about the ways in which we make shared decisions, such as voting.
- We have an active School Council who act on behalf of their peers and are our ambassadors for the school in the local community.
- We look for opportunities in our curriculum to develop children as responsible citizens of the world and to develop an appreciation of the need to protect the environment.
- We teach children to understand their right to make their own choices and respect that others have the same right.
- We talk about the fact that these choices may not be the same as those that others make.
- We promote common values whilst also celebrating and promoting diversity and equality, human rights and responsibility.
- We have policies in place to swiftly and decisively deal with allegations of bullying or harassment connected with protected characteristics.
- We are proud members of our local community. We visit Ruislip Lido, St. Mary’s Church, Eastcote House Gardens, Manor Farm Site, Ruislip and our local shops.
- We promote use of our facilities for the local community, such as Smarty's Nursery, Jump for Joy, Yoga, Tsunami, Match Pro tennis, PSD sports coaching, South Ruislip cluster (12 local schools), Infant School Network, Fusion (CPD for Leadership and Management-12 schools from across Hillingdon).
Tolerance of different Faiths and Beliefs
- We celebrate Christian and British celebrations and festivals, such as Pancake Day, Mother’s Day, Saints Days, Easter, May Day, Father’s Day, Bonfire Night, Harvest Festival, Remembrance Day and Christmas.
- We celebrate Hindu and Islamic festivals such as Diwali, Eid and Holi and learn about celebrations that taken place in our school community and the wider world.
- We learn about British traditions and those from around the world.
- We use books and the internet to connect with and find out more about people around the world.