Field End Infant School is a learning environment where everyone who is associated with us is encouraged to work in partnership; parents, teachers, governors, assistants, children and the community, so that we can all constantly develop and improve.
Our stated aims are:
1. To establish a happy, secure, well ordered and stimulating environment where children and staff can work together in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect and where children can learn to be tolerant, courteous and considerate to others.
2. To provide a broad balanced curriculum to help each child develop their full potential through a range of skills, knowledge, practical activities and resources, so that they can become successful citizens in an ever changing world.
3. To recognise the individuality of each child and to cater for individual needs so that they can learn at a pace that suits them.
4. To provide equal educational opportunities and experiences to all members of the school community regardless of disability, race, religion or gender.
5. To teach and foster the development of good working habits, an enquiring mind and self discipline and to encourage the children to take a pride in their work, in their personal appearance and in the appearance of the school.
6. For children to learn in an environment that teaches self-worth, tolerance and respect for others and where the achievements of individuals are celebrated.
7. To encourage children to believe in themselves and to take an active part in society.
8. To foster a caring environment where children learn to respect the school’s property and that of others.